UPCOM is a dynamic IT company with 20 years of experience that provides end-to-end web and mobile solutions, helping businesses to reinvent themselves in the digital world. Our skills and expertise can ensure holistic digital transformation of organizations, which can considerably improve their business operations and the experience of their customers. With years of experience we have perfected the processes, systems & technologies that enable us to create high-quality, scalable web and mobile solutions. Our goal is to always have our end products reflect our deep engineering skills and elegant progressive design aesthetic. We fundamentally believe deeply in developing long-term strategic partnerships with our clients by exceeding expectations and maintaining a high level of transparency.
Our innovation team combines the best talents from several fields, and brings cross-functional and transdisciplinary skills, such as Business Consultants, Senior Software Developers, UI/UX Designers, IoT Engineers, Security Specialists, Open Source Developers, Data Scientists, Marketeers etc. We work on a wide range of technologies ranging from open source to proprietary and custom-built solutions, aiming that our end products reflect our deep engineering skills and elegant progressive design aesthetic. We also adopt the Design Thinking methodology for the ideation and fast prototyping and testing of innovative ideas, as well as the Agile method during project development. Our approach is to combine our understanding of user behavior with a commitment to meeting the business goals in hand, and in a timely manner.
Upcom has gained significant experience in the Identity and Access Management domain, as a result of a long-term relationship with world leaders in the field on concrete implementation projects. Upcom has partnered with major organisations of the private sector and the public and European administrations. Some examples of those relationships are outlined below:
- Over 4 years continuous collaboration with Verizon Enterprises Services for the development of several integration projects including but not limited to: the Identity and Access Management portal of the Belgian Federal ICT, the single-sign-on service for the UK Cabinet, the certificate management system for the Comprehensive nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), etc. All applications feature extensive data interoperability between different services (either using Web Services or RESTful APIs) and powerful reporting capabilities (both text based and graphs – stacks, bars, pies, etc.)
- Over 10 years of service contract with IBM for the support of on-site service delivery operations; a team of Upcom collaborators are assisting IBM in delivering service-desk operations to banks and insurance companies.
- Collaboration with Mobile Application providers, both for the development of the mobile applications, as well as the required integration efforts at the client’s backend systems.
- Several smaller projects with SMEs, primarily in the areas of web and mobile development.
Upcom has also developed the AGEify age verification platform, which comes to replace the existing self-declarative age checks with a more effective, but at the same time simple and privacy-preserving solution. AGEify allows website owners to put security filters on any age-sensitive online content, which their visitors can unlock by proofing their age through AGEify (using multiple methods, such as face recognition, scanning of official documents, credit card validation, integration with ID providers, etc.) On top of that, AGEify can also be used by the owners of physical stores (e.g. liquid stores, or stores selling tobacco), in order to better control the age of their customers, and it can also control real-life products, such as a vaping device. The end-users can prove their age to AGEify once, and then they can use this proof repetitively, to unlock any resource (online or physical) which is protected by AGEify.
Overall, our expertise covers the following fields:
- Advanced security & cybersecurity
- Identity and access management
- IoT and sensors management
- Advanced mobile and web applications
- Business process modelling and automation
- Big Data
- Blockchain technologies
- AR / VR solutions