These Certification Requirements for Age Verification Trust Service Providers set out the requirements for providers of age verification services within the euCONSENT community of interest.
The Requirements are established with the framework for e-IDAS Trust Services in accordance with:
- ISO/IEC 17065:2012 – Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services.
- The requirements of Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014 on electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions in the internal market and repealing Directive 1999/93/EC.
- The requirements for accreditation of conformity assessment bodies in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 765/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 July 2008 setting out the requirements for accreditation and market surveillance relating to the marketing of products.
- The requirements of Article 42 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR).
- The requirements of Directive 2010/13/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 10 March 2010 on the coordination of certain provisions laid down by law, regulation or administrative action in Member States concerning the provision of audio visual media services (AVMSD).
- The European Data Protection Board exercising its responsibilities under Article 63 of GDPR, providing consistency and guidance for the competent supervisory authorities of member states as the Guidelines 1/2018 on certification and identifying certification criteria in accordance with Articles 42 and 43 of the Regulation 2016/679.
- The Rules for the use of any Certification Mark associated with the Scheme as required by Article 28 of Directive (EU) 2015/2436 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 December 2015 to approximate the laws of the Member States relating to trade marks.
- The relevant regulatory requirements for age verification and parental consent service providers.
Certification is conducted against the technical requirements of the euCONSENT community of interest. As initial assessment, surveillance and recertification is carried out using a sampling process, certification does not guarantee the performance of any age verification product or service.
Find out more details from the report, download the document using the dedicated button.