Key findings from the AVPA’s research (1)
- Little to no age verification in the majority of EU member states for goods, content, or services.
- In general, self declaration is used instead. This does not constitute age verification as a standalone solution.
- Why is this the case?
- The lack of common regulatory standards and terminology makes it more difficult to enforce any rules internationally.
- Businesses that want to be compliant may struggle to comply with legislation that is different across jurisdictions.
- Concerns about profitability are mentioned by businesses, particularly when businesses who do not comply with age verification requirements are not punished. […]
Download the presentation using the button or view speaker below.